With increasing concerns surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), walkie-talkies.com's priority is the health and safety of all staff and customers. We are following the government's advice to minimise all potential risks.
We are operating as usual including regular customer support hours, with phones and email support still in use.
As we count on our supply chains and courier services to fulfil orders we are advising that all customers plan ahead and place orders as soon as possible to reduce any disruption.
We will be posting updates via our website, Facebook and Instagram of any disruptions in the upcoming weeks.
If you wish to contact us, please call 01494 853799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you all remain safe and healthy.
Monday 23rd December: 9am - 5:30pm.
Christmas Eve: 9am - 1pm.
Christmas Day - Wednesday 1st January: Closed.
Thursday 2nd January: 9am - 5:30pm.
With Christmas time approaching the Walkie-Talkies team would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. We have had such a brilliant 2019 and are looking forward to even better 2020! We hope to have your continued custom and support in the year to come!
The last day to place an order before Christmas will be Monday 23rd December 2019. Any orders placed after this date will be despatched on January 2nd 2020.
If you require further information, please contact us now!
Next Generation Motorola Product Launch
Motorola has just relayed information of their next generation of products.
Popular MOTOTRBO Product Refresh
Motorola have announced they are refreshing these products:
The DP4000 Series: DP4400, DP4401, DP4600, DP4601, DP4800, DP4801
The DM4000 Series: DM4000, DM4401, DM4600, DM4601
The DP2000 Series: DP2400, DP2600
The SL4000 & SL4010
The newer versions of these products will now all be called the same product numbers but they will all have an ‘e’ on the end. This means the new products will be as follows:
The DP4000e Series: DP4400e, DP4401e, DP4600e, DP4601e, DP4800e, DP4801e
The DM4000e Series: DM4000e, DM4401e, DM4600e, DM4601e
The DP2000e Series: DP2400e, DP2600e
The SL4000e & SL4010e
The Main New Features Are:
• Integrated Indoor Location Tracking Solution Capabilities – optional chargeable extra with licence key using integrated 4.0 Bluetooth. All models with a ‘1’ and the SL4000e series. A new application will support.
• Integrated Accelerometers – optional chargeable extra of man down capabilities with licence key for DP4401e/4601e/4801e/3441e, SL4000e/4010e
• Improved GPS Positioning – using GNSS in DM4401e/4601e, DP4401e/4601e/4801e/3441e
• Wifi Radio Update – in all new products apart from DP2000e series, a licence must be purchased to activate capability. Enhances future capabilities & application connectivity. With new Radio Management firmware remote software updates can be conducted meaning a central update location can be achieved.
• Increased Memory – storage capacity has been doubled
• Up to 8% Longer Talk Range – DP2000e, DP4000e & DP3441e
• Up to 16% Coverage Increase – DP2000e, DP4000e & DP3441e
• SL4000e Series – Higher power mode at 3 watts, gains further reach & efficiency
• Extended Battery Life – new low voltage battery technology offers the DP4000e & DP2000e series up to 27 hours battery life
• Increased Battery Portfolio – including an IMPRES battery for the DP3441e
• New Vibrate Alert – DP2000e & DP4000e series using special battery & belt clip
• IP rating improvement – in DP2000e (IP55-IP67), DP4000e (IP57-IP68) & Dp3441e (IP67-IP68) series.
• Improved Hazloc Portfolio – New DP2000e hazloc radios & improved certification on the DP4000e series
Motorola are looking to have these available on the market from early May.
The New SLR8000 Repeater
Motorola have announced they are due to launch a next generation repeater, the SLR8000. The repeater is expected to replace the current MTR 3000 repeater and is currently on schedule to launch in June or July, 2016.