With increasing concerns surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), walkie-talkies.com's priority is the health and safety of all staff and customers. We are following the government's advice to minimise all potential risks.
We are operating as usual including regular customer support hours, with phones and email support still in use.
As we count on our supply chains and courier services to fulfil orders we are advising that all customers plan ahead and place orders as soon as possible to reduce any disruption.
We will be posting updates via our website, Facebook and Instagram of any disruptions in the upcoming weeks.
If you wish to contact us, please call 01494 853799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you all remain safe and healthy.
Monday 23rd December: 9am - 5:30pm.
Christmas Eve: 9am - 1pm.
Christmas Day - Wednesday 1st January: Closed.
Thursday 2nd January: 9am - 5:30pm.
With Christmas time approaching the Walkie-Talkies team would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. We have had such a brilliant 2019 and are looking forward to even better 2020! We hope to have your continued custom and support in the year to come!
The last day to place an order before Christmas will be Monday 23rd December 2019. Any orders placed after this date will be despatched on January 2nd 2020.
If you require further information, please contact us now!
1) Re-adjust your radio to the correct channel and a comfortable volume.
2) Always listen to every radio broadcast, it could be for you.
3) Do not cut into other radio users conversations, listen before you speak.
4) In case of emergency keep the airwaves clear for priority messages online.
5) Operators should gain radio users attention by saying "HELLO" at the start of every.
message. Press transmit button, pause, then say "HELLO..."
6) Proceed with the name of the person you are calling and on busy networks repeat the name - e.g. "Hello Steve Morris... Steve Morris"
7) Remember to say who you are - e.g. "This is John Wood..."
8) On hearing no reply, repeat message. If there is still no reply...
9) Continue with "Nothing heard out"
10) Every broadcast that requires a response should end with "OVER", if a broadcast requires no response at the end say "OUT". Either or, not "OVER and OUT"
11) Do not block the airways with long conversation, think before you speak and have regular breaks.
12) Understand how your radio works and its functions.
13) Remember that the antenna is not a carry handle, nor is it edible!
14) Ensure you are fully conversant with these simple radio procedures and your radio system will be far more effective.
Want to know more information about the use of walkie talkies or you aren't sure which system is best for you? Give us a call today on 01494 853799 and one of our trained consultants will be able to help you find the best solutions today!